ZG Communications is hiring a Communications Team Member.
Part Time Salaried Position
With Possibility of Full Time Employment After Six Months
We’re looking for a passionate, highly intelligent self-starter with a love of books, ideas and a commitment to positive social change.
ZG Communications is a full service-marketing agency dedicated to promoting ideas that can transform the world. We work with publishers and authors; not for profits; documentary filmmakers and educational institutions. Our clients include The Vancouver Writers Fest, Raincoast Books, Vancouver Film School and publishers across North America. We are fiercely dedicated to exceptional work, and to the industries we serve.
Who are we looking for?
At ZG, we do things differently. The same goes for our hiring. We’re looking for someone who can add to our fast-paced and joyful communications team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to grow within their role as part of a forward-thinking, ambitious company, and who values working on meaningful, impactful projects.
Finding the right fit is essential. As we know from our work, people—and the strong relationships they build—are everything. We welcome hearing from people who believe they can add to our team, whether you have extensive media relations experience or are looking to begin a career in the industry.
Tell us what you could bring to ZG Communications. Impress us.
We welcome applications from a variety of levels of experience, but your role will include:
- Organizing and executing media and reviewer mailings;
- Building media lists, performing online research and maintaining internal databases;
- Pitching stories and books to media in the United States and Canada;
- Contributing to marketing strategies developed by the ZG team;
- Researching opportunities for multiple clients and ZG Communications;
- Copywriting promotional materials including press releases, pitch letters and social media content;
- Contributing to and managing select social media accounts for clients and ZG;
- Assisting senior staff with administrative support, including scheduling and office management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with booksellers and key venues/lecture series across the continent.
We’re looking for people with the following attributes:
- Warm, honest and accountable;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills including comfort making phone calls and building new relationships;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience;
- Clear commitment to literary and/or social change sectors;
- Highly motivated and self-driven;
- Detail-oriented and able to manage tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Comfort working under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Experience using various social media platforms;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Deadline for applications: Friday, August 18.
- Send a cover letter, resume and up to three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Those shortlisted will be contacted; we regret we cannot contact everyone who applies.
Download the job posting as a PDF here.